A man sentenced to life in prison for sexually abusing two middle-school-aged children could potentially receive money from President Donald Trump's substantial fund. Andrew Paul Johnson was sentenced earlier this year, just months after being pardoned by Trump for his role in the January 6, 2021, Capitol attack.
The Anti-Weaponization Fund
Under Trump's $1.8 billion 'Anti-Weaponization Fund,' beneficiaries may include January 6 rioters. Johnson allegedly told the children he abused that he would share millions of dollars in restitution money he expected from the Trump administration for his January 6 case. 'He said not to tell anybody,' one of Johnson's victims testified.
Oversight and Eligibility
Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche will help oversee the distribution of funds. At a Senate Appropriations subcommittee hearing on Tuesday, Blanche stated that recipients could include rioters convicted of assaulting law enforcement. Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) asked Blanche if that would also include Johnson.
'That person actually tried to buy the silence of these children by saying that he would pay them some of the funds he was hoping to get from your slush fund,' Van Hollen said. 'Can you commit to not making that person eligible for a payout under this fund?' Blanche would not confirm whether Johnson would receive money. 'You are obviously lying in your question, because there's no way this person committed to that,' Blanche responded.



